Autumn is a great time of year to explore the south of France; the weather is often sunny and warm, offering ideal conditions for this walking holiday.
Our guide leads five easy day walks, each designed to demonstrate a different aspect of our region. We'll visit the 'haut plateau' of the Vercors National Park, and admire the wonderful views looking towards the French Alps to the north and Provence to the south. And we'll see the extraordinary griffon vulture, with it's nine foot wing span, riding on the thermals above us.
We'll also head south; there is a distinctly mediterranean feel to this region of France - the landscape, the architecture and the vegetation. We'll explore some sleepy villages along the way in this wonderfully unspoilt part of Europe.
By the end of the week, you will understand a little more about the old fashioned French way of life, the food and wine, the culture, the heritage.
If you would like to find out more about this or any other holiday, please contact us.
- Five days guided walking of between 3-5 hours per day excluding breaks.
- Provencale towns, ancient villages and busy markets,
- Spectacular views; Mediterranean and Alpine scenery.
- Learn about the way of life and heritage of the region.
- Luxurious accommodation with private swimming pool.
- Delicious home cooked cuisine, and a broad selection of superb local wines.