Discover the amazing diversity of the Drome and the Vercors National Park in this week long guided walking holiday. From our luxurious accommodation we are perfectly placed to explore areas of outstanding beauty, ancient villages, markets and vineyards.
Before the scorching summer heat takes hold, the landscape is green and lush, and the crystal clear rivers, home to beavers and kingfishers, are fast flowing and teeming with fish. September and October offer glorious blue skies and perfect weather for walking.
In the surrounding hills and mountains, there are many trails for walkers offering stunning views, abundant wildlife and beautiful wild flowers.
We take several easy to moderate day walks to explore the area; the pace is quite sedate to allow you and other members of the group to take photographs and savour the views. There should also be time to explore other locations of interest; villages, markets and other attractions.
In the evening, enjoy a dip in the pool, relax with a glass of wine on the terrace, and admire the stunning views during a delicious four course meal prepared by our chef.
If you would like to find out more about this or any other holiday, please contact us.
- Five days guided walking of between 4-6 hours per day excluding breaks.
- Spectacular views; mediterranean and alpine scenery.
- Eagles, vultures, chamois and other wildlife; beautiful wild flowers in May and June.
- Provencale villages and markets.
- Luxurious accommodation with private swimming pool.
- Delicious home cooked cuisine, and a broad selection of superb local wines.