As the name suggests, this wonderful week combines leisurely walking with wine tasting. It's a very informal affair, the emphasis is on enjoying the spectacular views and sampling some delicious local wines. Above all, this is a walking holiday rather than a wine tour, but if you enjoy drinking wine, this holiday is for you.
We're in the heart of the Drome valley, gateway to the alps. The beautiful scenery, gorgeous Provencale sunlight and clear blue skies define our collection of wonderful day walks put together by Philippe to emphasise the diversity of our region. To the north and east, the rugged terrain of the southern alps and the Vercors National Park is our objective: higher altitude but easy walking, with spectacular views, eagles and vultures, chamois and ibex.
To the west and south, it’s wine country, rolling hills, fields of vines, sunflowers and lavender. We visit some winemakers, taste their wines, and learn a little about their trade.
Each evening, we think you will be bowled over by the excellent four course meals taken on the terrace at La Maison Rose, freshly prepared using local ingredients, and washed down with a broad selection of wines of the region.
If you would like to find out more about this or any other holiday, please contact us.
- Five easy days guided walking of between 3-6 hours per day including breaks.
- Spectacular views; mediterranean and alpine scenery.
- Eagles, vultures, chamois and other wildlife.
- Visits to wine producers and vineyards.
- Learn about the way of life and heritage of the region.
- Luxurious accommodation with private swimming pool.
- Delicious home cooked cuisine, informal wine tasting.